Banking that pays dividends... to the environment
Even during demolition, the existing wood framing was reused for the new configuration, while the old batt insulation was used inside the walls for sound attenuation. Materials that could not be reused on site were either donated for immediate local reuse or recycled. All adhesives and finishes, including the paint, were specified with no or low volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) known to cause cancer.
The simple measures outlined above not only provide for a money saving building but also a pleasant space to occupy for the employees and guests.
Green Features Include:
- Over 40% reduction in water use
- Estimated 15% reduction in energy use
- Large windows and interior glazing allow daylighting to pass through the building, as well as providing views to the outside from every office.
- The mechanical systems were replaced with more energy efficient equipment.
- Energy efficient fluorescent lighting with direct / indirect light was installed throughout the interior. - Compact fluorescent light fixtures and occupancy sensors were installed in restrooms and offices.
- Recycled flooring materials and low emitting materials used for cabinetry
- Low flow plumbing fixtures, low flow toilets and motion sensors were installed for water conservation.
- Re-roofed with highly reflective shingle roof systeml and increased insulation reduced loads on the HVAC system.