Carlson Studio Architecture purchased a 1930's grocery store in the heart of downtown Sarasota and converted it into its new headquarters. The interior build out has been awarded LEED Silver Certification in the LEED for Commercial Interiors (CI) program of the USGBC. The project is about 2,500 SF of office space.
Green Features Include:
- Adaptive reuse of the existing building saved carbon emissions, land fill waste and energy.
- Adding windows increased access to day lighting and exterior views using double pane, impact resistant, Low E tinted glazing reduced solar heat gain.
- Replacing the roof with additional insulation and an Energy Star rated single ply reflective membrane roof system enhanced energy savings.
- The mechanical systems were replaced with more energy efficient equipment.
- Energy efficient fluorescent lighting with direct / indirect light was installed throughout the interior. Compact fluorescent light fixtures were installed in restrooms and storage rooms.
- Site lighting for security was minimized to reduce light pollution.
- Low flow plumbing fixtures, dual flush toilets and motion sensors were installed for water conservation.
Return to Project List